Understanding and Meeting the Needs of Migrant
English Language Learners: A Resource Guide
Section 1: Introduction
Section 2: Role of the Tutor/The Role of Tutoring
Section 3: Second Language Acquisition and Learning, Literacy Development, and Multicultural Education
Section 4: Critical Issues for Preschool Age Migrant English Language Learners
Section 5: Critical Issues for School Age Migrant English Language Learners
Section 6: Critical Issues for Out of School Youth (OSY) AND Migrant English Language Learners
Section 7: Bibliography and Resources
- New York State – LEP Identification Process
- Home Language Questionnaire (HLQ) – English
- Home Language Questionnaire (HLQ) – Spanish
- Instructional Components and Required Units of Study in Language Arts under CR Part 154
- New Standards and Assessments Status of Accommodations for LEP/ELL Students
For your convenience, this link takes you to the Understanding and Meeting the Needs of Migrant English Language Learners: A Resource Guide in its entirety.
If you work in a non-profit agency, LEA, or school district, feel free to photocopy and distribute individual documents through the course of your work. Photocopying portions of this guidebook to conduct fee-for-service training requires written permission.
Please email your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.