- Help! They Don’t Speak English Kit from ESCORT: A resource guide to teachers of migrant ELLs. Can download and print individual chapters or the entire HelpKit.
Young Adults: employees.oneonta.edu/thomasrl/YaPart1.pdf
- Understanding and meeting the needs of migrant ELLs: A Resource Guide. Can download and print individual chapters or the entire guide.
- Content area instruction should be supported by ESL methodology (it may be necessary to MODIFY student work):
“The content area instructional component of ESL shall provide grade- and age-level appropriate instruction in the required content area subjects in English supported by English as a second language methodologies, employed in a systematic and structured way, and shall be designed to develop cognitive skills of LEP/ELLs.”
- Application of Common Core Standards for ELLs
- Directory of Spanish Instructional Materials and Resources
- Promising Practices for Secondary ELLs
- Art as a tool for teachers of ELLs
- List of Spanish language school books publishing houses:
- Suggested Spanish literature
- Technology and ELLs
- Literacy/ELA instruction for Elementary ELLs
- Teaching Language Arts to ELLs (A Resource Guide for All Teachers)
- Teaching Language Arts to ELLs (Learning Standards for ESL)
- Implementing RTI with ELLs